Success Rates and Stories
Dr. Russel Williams, M.D. has treated thousands of men with decrease fertility and sexual dysfunction. Many men were able to conceive naturally and with in vitro fertilization. Dr. Russel Williams, M.D. has performed over 6000 no scalpel no needle vasectomies with over a 99.8% success rate. Dr. Russel Williams, M.D. has performed over 500 vasectomy reversals and sperm retrievals for men with zero sperm count. Success rates depend on many factors including time since vasectomy, sperm production, groin surgeries after vasectomy and the location of where the vasectomy was performed. Dr. Russel Williams, M.D. performs the straight forward and complex vasectomy reversals depending on what the intra operation circumstances require. Successful vasectomy reversals have occurred in men a few years since vasectomy and 20 years plus since vasectomy. Dr. Russel Williams, M.D. will examine you and take a history and better give you an assessment of you having a successful vasectomy reversal. Dr. Russel Williams, M.D. does NOT participate in a Money Back Guarantee Program.
Some patients have chosen to share their experience and success in a personal video or on television. We appreciate them sharing of their story with us.
Fertility Success Rates
Sperm Count Defines Treatment
|Sperm Count||Recommended Treatment|
|Zero||Sperm retrieval and intracytoplasmic
sperm injection (ICSI)
(less than 5 million)
|Intro fertilization (IVF)
and intracytoplasmic sperm
injection with ejaculate sperm (ICSI)
(5 to 10 million)
|Ejaculate sperm and insemination|
(10 to 20 million)
|Before Treatment||Options||After Treatment|
|Donor Sperm IVF||Enhancing Sperm Production Allows →||Husband Sperm IVF|
|Sperm Retrieval IVF||Enhancing Sperm Production Allows →||Ejaculate Sperm IVF|
|Invitro Fertilization IVF||Enhancing Sperm Production Allows →||Artificial Insemination|
|Enhancing Sperm Production Allows →||Artificial Insemination
|Artificial Insemination||Enhancing Sperm Production Allows →||Time Intercourse|
|Timed Intercourse||Enhancing Sperm Production Allows →||Quick Pregnancy|
Increased Pregnancy After Varicocele Repair
|357||1 year post-op||43%|
|209||2 years post-op||69%|
|19||Lost to follow-up||79%|
Vasectomy Reversal Success Rates
Dr. Russel Williams, M.D. will determine after meeting and examining you as to your chances of having a successful vasectomy reversal and the need to freeze sperm at the time of the vasectomy reversal.
Overall Results/Success Rates:
- Eighty nine of the 103 patients (86%) had sperm in the ejaculate after the vasectomy reversal.
- Ninety five of the 103 patients (92%) had either sperm in their ejaculate or frozen sperm to use after their reversal.
- Fourteen patients (14%) did not have sperm in the ejaculate. Forty three percent (43%) of these patients have frozen sperm collected at the time of vasectomy reversal.
The breakdown of these groups show:
Successful vasectomy reversals (89 patients/103 total patients):
- If the patient received a vas to vas reversal the success rate was 89%
- If the patient received a vas to epididymis reversal (most difficult, needed for epididymal obstruction) the success rate was 49%
- If the vasectomy reversal was less than 5 years since the vasectomy then 88% of the men had a sperm in the ejaculate.
- If the vasectomy reversal was between 5 years and 10 years then 88% of the men had sperm in the ejaculate.
- If the vasectomy reversal was greater than 10 years since the vasectomy then 75% of the men had sperm in the ejaculate.
Eighty Eight percent (88%) of men who choose to have a vasectomy reversal within ten years after their vasectomy had sperm return to the ejaculate.
Successful vasectomy reversal (89 patients) plus successful sperm retrieval (6 patients) at the time of vasectomy reversal (103 patients).
Ninety two (92%) percent of couples undergoing vasectomy reversal surgery had either sperm in the ejaculate or frozen sperm available for use with assisted reproductive techniques. Eight (8%) percent of patients with no sperm in the ejaculate also choose to not freeze sperm at the time of vasectomy reversal.
The men with unsuccessful vasectomy reversals (14 patients/103 patients):
- Seven of these patients had the vas to vas reversal.
- Eight of these patients had the vas to epididymal reversal (most difficult to correct epididymal obstruction).
- 5 patients (of 14 patients) had their vasectomy less than 5 years.
- 3 patients (of 14 patients) had their vasectomy between 5 and 10 years.
- 7 patients (of 14 patients) had their vasectomy over 10 years ago.
Almost 50% of the men who failed their vasectomy reversals had their vasectomy greater than 10 years. Four patients (4 of 14) with unsuccessful vasectomy reversal had their vasectomies greater than 20 years. Sixty percent 60% of unsuccessful vasectomy reversal men had two fertility problems, vasectomy and poor sperm production**.
- Success Rate is defined by sperm return to the ejaculate and not pregnancy (a factor that depends on female fecundity).
- Poor sperm production was determined by previous history of chemo therapy, low testosterone and atrophic (small) testes.
If you would like to schedule an appointment at the Male Reproductive Clinic please click on the link below to visit our Appointment Request page
Male Reproductive Clinic, P.A.
Phone: (832) 358.8600Fax: (832) 358.0376
© Copyright 2012-2019 - Male Infertility Clinic, PA - All Rights Reserved
Main Office: 9190 Katy Frwy. #101, Houston, TX 77055